Conditions and Reminders
Please read and check agreement box
YOU MUST SUBMIT A SEPERATE REQUEST FOR EACH DATE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SCHEDULE!!
You must submit your request a minimum of 15 days in advance, and not more than 90 days in advance.
September is when you are allowed to begin submitting outreach requests for the
Outreach is scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
Please make sure to read all rules and complete all information on the outreach
request form. Submitting a request is not a guarantee that you will receive outreach.
Your outreach is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation email from Felicia
Hancock. If you have any questions please feel free to email Felicia Hancock at
Hancock@magnet.fsu.edu prior to scheduling.
For Classroom Outreach
- Classroom outreach is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- Please be prepared to stay with your class at all times during the outreach. Our
educators are not responsible for the class, and therefore the regular room teacher
must be present. In cases of a substitute, call ahead to the Center so that proper
arrangements can be made. Not meeting these terms will result in the immediate cancellation
of the outreach.
- Rainbows and Light outreach requires the use of an overhead projector, and a darkened
- Spectrum Analysis outreach requires the use of a darkened classroom.
For On-site Outreach
- Visits can be arranged on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
- Please plan to spend a total of two hours for the tour and outreach activity combined.
- Be prepared to stay with your students at all times during their visit to the
lab; our educators and tour guides are not responsible for the class.
- Outreach and Tour activities are only available for fifth-grade classes and higher.
- Bring one chaperone for every 10 students.
- ONLY 1 group per day can be scheduled with NO MORE than 50 students per
Once your outreach is complete you will receive a request to complete a survey.
This survey MUST be completed in order to receive future outreaches.
By submitting an outreach request, you are agreeing to the terms listed on this
page. Failure to agree to these terms and conditions will result in the outreach
being declined without consideration.