2013 Theory Winter School
The National High Magnetic Field Laboratory will hold its second Theory Winter School from January 7-11, 2013. This year, the lectures will focus on Unconventional Superconductivity, a subject of continuing relevance in Condensed Matter and Materials Research Theory.
Our aim is to bring approximately 10 leading experts in this active area of research, who will present tutorial lectures during the five-day program. The lectures will aim at presenting an overview of the most relevant concepts and mathematical techniques for understanding the mechanism and phenomenology of unconventional superconductors.
In addition, we plan poster sessions during which junior participants will have the opportunity for direct exchange of ideas with lecturers and each other.
This program primarily targets advanced graduate students and post-docs who can apply from any institution worldwide. Their expenses will be partially covered by funds provided by the Magnet Lab, which acts as the sponsors of this Winter School. We hope to have 40 to 50 junior participants.
The list of invited lecturers includes:
- Agterberg, Daniel – University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
- Beasley, Mac – Stanford University
- Bernevig, B. Andrei – Princeton University
- Chubukov, Andrey – University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Gorkov, Lev – NHMFL
- Hirschfeld, Peter – University of Florida
- Raghu, Sri – Stanford University
- Sachdev, Subir – Harvard University
- Sauls, James – Northwestern University
The Winter Theory School attracted more than 50 participants from across the globe. View list of 2013 participants (PDF)http://wwwtest.magnet.fsu.edu/about/policies.html.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR